The theme of the Open Repositories 2010 Conference is “The Grand Integration Challenge”. A call for Papers, Posters
and Workshops has been made. An excerpt from their website indicates that ….
Repositories have been successfully established — within and across institutions — as a major source of digital information in a variety of environments such as research, education and cultural heritage. In a world of increasingly dispersed and modularized digital services and content, it remains a grand challenge for the future to cross the borders between diverse poles:
- the web and the repository,
- knowledge and technology,
- wild and curated content,
- linked and isolated data,
- disciplinary and institutional systems,
- scholars and service providers,
- ad-hoc and long-term access,
- ubiquitous and personalized environments,
- the cloud and the desktop.
The Conference will be held in Madrid, Spain, 6-9 July 2010.