Open access news from e-IFL.net in their latest newsletter is available here
According to the newsletter, JISC in the UK has released a Digital Repositories InfoKit which is a practical guide to setting up and running a digitial repository (mainly institutional repositories) and includes planning, setting-up, management and maintenance guidelines.
DISA has a wide range of guidelines relating to best practices for digitisation and metadata for digital projects. These guidelines are soon to be expanded with additional toolkits and information to support management and maintenance of (institutional and subject) repositories.
Do you have other user requirements? Let us know by posting a comment below.
The latest issue of Code4Lib is now available. The contents are as follows:
- Openness [Editorial Introduction] by Andrew Darby
- Infomaki: An Open Source, Lightweight Usability Testing Tool by Michael Lascarides
- library/mobile: Tips on Designing and Developing Mobile Web Sites by Kim Griggs, Laurie M. Bridge and, Hannah Gascho Rempel
- Automated Metadata Formatting for Cornell’s Print-on-Demand Books By Dianne Dietrich
- Ead McTaggart: Using VBA to Automate EAD Container List Tagging by Randall Miles
- Automatic Preparation of ETD Material from the Internet Archive for the DSpace Repository Platform by Tim Ribaric